Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Slow Coffee

This was my first experiment with a new Casio EX-FH100 camera I recently picked up. This camera is a small 10 megapixel compact camera but with the really intriguing feature of high speed video capability with video rates of 120fps, 240fps, 420fps and even 1000fps. These high speed video rates allows you to easily shoot ultra slow-motion movies at speeds that were only previously available on super expensive, pro-level cameras. The effect of slow motion video is hypnotic and should be able to add some interesting effects into my future slideshows. I tracked down this camera after seeing some of the work done by Trey Ratcliff who used an earlier version of this camera. This video was shot at 420fps which is a bit small being only 224px x 168px, so I will be looking at using the 120fps (640px x 480px) and 240fps (448px x 336px) in my next trials.

No comments: